Tuesday, November 11, 2008

peperO day:-)








According to the story, Pepero Day was started in 1994 by students at a girls' middle school in Busan, where they exchanged Pepero sticks as gifts to wish one another to grow "as tall and slender as a Pepero" (Pepero means "thin like a stick"). However, it is more likely it was initiated by Lotte, the company which produces Pepero."
It was my student Mary who told me about "Pepero Day".I thought "Pepero" is the Korean word for "parents".Mary was holding a huge wand in class so I gave my second guess that it has something to do about this fancy thing.When she sent me pictures,I realized that it is a sweet confection coated with chocolate.I asked Lucy more about it and she was the one who taught me about the different boxes. She told me that her personal favorite is the green box because of its almond flavor.However.she reminded me that this box comes with a costly price.She said that among all boxes,it's the most expensive and it's the yummiest.She was so thoughtful and she even offered to send Pepero boxes for me this Christmas.Brilliant Patrick,my self proclaimed genius student,showed me his ample supply of Pepero boxes.He said he had a long list of friends to share it with.Billy,my eighteen year old student,was less enthusiastic about it.He said it is just the company's way to sell its products and earn big bucks because of it.
Doraemon disclosed that he received 37 boxes and I was struck agape with his revelation.He made it clear to me that they were given 37 boxes but at the end of the day he only received 6 boxes from his friends.Jane told me that her friends remembered to give her.She was even giddy to wait for her father so she can give both presents to her parents at the same time.She said she will have to eat for two days to finish her stock of delectable sticks.Alfred gladly shared that he had 30 boxes from his male friends.He said that what his friends did for him was highly surprising.
Mary was absent for the day.Maybe she had to finish a surplus of pepero sticks that she forgot our class.I can't wait for Lucy's story tonight. For sure,she had an interesting Pepero day too.Koreans are really lovely people.They are fond of giving and they don't want to miss an event like this to tell their friends and family how much they love them:-)

18 comments:

  1. the PEPERO is Korea
    the PEPERO is lotte's
    don't forget

    ReplyDelete
  2. PEPERO is korea
    PEPERO is lotte's

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's you doraemon...you used my name:-)hahahaha.i know i am a crazy teacher but you are a crazier student..hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. my teacher look let's Go1
    haha i am side by side

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Korea jinglebell~☆
    jongsori uliela jongsori ulie~ uli ssulma bbali dallie jongsori uliela
    jongsori uliela jongsori ulie~gibbn nora buremiensa bbali dallija~!

    ReplyDelete
  8. kim sung gon,i'm using your book which is side by side 2.as far as i can remember,it's you who reads nuna's let's go book:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks yea rim for the lyrics!i will memorize it before december so we can sing the christmas carol in class together:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello~ I'm Lucy^^
    who loves H.S.M~
    your blog is so great~
    I will visit your blog more often^^
    have a nice day~^^

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi lucy!for a while,i had to figure out what h.s.m means:-)it dawned unto me(a bit late..hahaha) that it means high school musical.let's join the crowd in the theatre and watch the third episode....thanks for dropping by always:-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. alfred???i suspect this is you...you have all the reasons to be happy!imagine getting 30 boxes!wow!..if you want,you can send me some....hehehe:-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i dnt need pepero day because I'm already tall and slender! wahahahahha......

    pepero is korea
    pepero is lotte's
    lotte is japan! hahahahahh

    ReplyDelete